Troubleshooting: IP Networks
Module Length: 1 Credit Hour
Approved for CEUs by: Louisiana, Mississippi, South Dakota, Tennessee, New Jersey
In this module, we will take a look at the basic tools you should have available to you when troubleshooting. We will also discuss general techniques that you can use to effectively troubleshoot any system. A systematic approach using the right tools and the right mindset can turn an intimidating and daunting task into a series of simple steps.
At the conclusion of this module, you should be able to do the following:
- Identify common network topologies.
- Compare and contrast IP addresses and MAC addresses.
- Identify and run the appropriate network cabling.
- Make common terminations using the appropriate standards.
- Use common network testing tools.
- Troubleshoot network problems from both cabling and hardware standpoints.